Website
https://lfairchild012.wixsite.com/lunamoon
I first started with the image of a moon that I have taken myself. I really like the photo but it did not work very well with the logo
I changed the background to a photo of my friend that I have taken on one of our photography workshops. It looked really nice, but the logo was hard to see
I decided to play with the filters on the logo to try to find one that will stand out more. First I found this amazing 3D filter, but it does not fit my ascetics.
Instead I turned the text white, but I still felt like the image had too much going on and the logo was kinda disappearing.
I changed the background to another photo of mine, but again the logo did not work on top of it.
I have changed the logo again, and I finally found the perfect photo that works well with the logo.
I decided to do some edit on the photo to make it look more interesting. At first I edited the brightness and contrast of the image.
I moved on onto the app on my phone called pixlr and added a couple of filters.

From all of them I have chosen my two favorite ones.
Then I tried each of them as a background to see how it works with the layout of the website and the logo.
The second one just did not look loog. As much as I liked the texture of the image, I could not resist the rose sketch on another edit.
I decided to use the rose edit and I have also decided to change the size of the logo. I thought that if it is smaller it will look better.

When I finally decided on the background and the logo, I looked at the menu bar. It was a very easy part. I made the font the colour, I felt was was easy to read and that had some kind of a link to the main backgrund.
From that I moved onto writing up a short description of myself. I first started from writing up ideas of what I wanted to say on google docs.
In the end I went for the edited version. The image look stronger. It seemed more defined and warmer. I added the small illustration and the final draft of my short introducton.
After that I moved on to write my "contact" page.
I though that for the consistenty I will use the very same image, font and colours like I did on previous photos. I have played around with the size of the text and its placement. In the end I decided to also add thes small illustration, that I used in my "About" page to create stronger link betwee the pages.
I could finally move on to "my work" page that I created myself. I uploaded a "list" and I added extra links that would take the viewer to examples of my work. I have changed the images from the given to me from Xix to my private ones. I have also added short decription for each. In the end each boks was representative of some of the experience with photogrpahy that I had. I decided to go for Experimentation, Backstage and Editorial. In the future I am planning to add portraits and landscape.
I described them a little and used the links to take the viewer to the gallery of particular photogrpahs. Thoe are created for the future clients so they can see examples of my work.
The galleries that I made were first saved as small squered shaped minatures of the photogrpahs.
As part of my unit 4 project, I composed a website, using the site "wix" which helps with designing all sorts of websites. I used it, because I have heard about it a lot on YouTube adverts and it seemed like something easy accessible and user friendly.
I first looked at the templates for photography websites.
At first I could not decide between the "urban photography" one and the "food photography" one. Eventually I decided to use the food one, because I really like how the text on the main image and the menu bar were presented.
When I opened the template, first of all I added my logo, to see if it will feet there and just to check how adding images works.
I really liked how it looked like. From there I moved onto changing the background. I thought of adding the image of the moon that I used for my business cards to keep it consistent. I did place it as the background image, however it did not really look that nice. I thought that maybe it is the image being to bright, however making it darker did not help.
Before I have thought of another background, I thought I would focus on another page of the website. I looked at the "post" page , where I thought I could add my photographs. In the end I really hated the layout and decided to give up on the "food photography" layout and chose the "urban photography" layout to work on.
Then I added my logo and started experimenting with different backgrounds since the moon one did not work so well. I first started with the image of a moon that I have taken myself. I really like the photo but it did not work very well with the logo
I changed the background to a photo of my friend that I have taken on one of our photography workshops. It looked really nice, but the logo was hard to see
I decided to play with the filters on the logo to try to find one that will stand out more. First I found this amazing 3D filter, but it does not fit my ascetics.
Instead I turned the text white, but I still felt like the image had too much going on and the logo was kinda disappearing.
I changed the background to another photo of mine, but again the logo did not work on top of it.
I have changed the logo again, and I finally found the perfect photo that works well with the logo.
I decided to do some edit on the photo to make it look more interesting. At first I edited the brightness and contrast of the image.
I moved on onto the app on my phone called pixlr and added a couple of filters.

Then I tried each of them as a background to see how it works with the layout of the website and the logo.
The first one felt too basic.

When I finally decided on the background and the logo, I looked at the menu bar. It was a very easy part. I made the font the colour, I felt was was easy to read and that had some kind of a link to the main backgrund.
From that I moved onto writing up a short description of myself. I first started from writing up ideas of what I wanted to say on google docs.
With the final draft, I went onto desigining the "About" page. I decided to use another photo of mine, that did not work for the main background. I looked at the small illustrations that Wix had to offer. I looked for flowers since they are things I like a lt and which are shown through my art work lot.
I found a couple nice ones, but I only chose one. It was the most symplistic and was the best one for my astetic. I have also delited some of the gien text to see if adding the image and my logo would work.
In the end I was not relly a fan of how the photo and the box of text looked like. I decided to get rid of the boxand the image itself. I decided to use another photo, that I liked even more than the previous one and which I also tried to use as the main background. I thought that a page, where people can read about me and my art, should represent me also visusaly and moon was the best way to go.
It looked quite nice, but still was not good enough. I decided to edit the photo. I mostly changed its brightness and contrast.
In the end I went for the edited version. The image look stronger. It seemed more defined and warmer. I added the small illustration and the final draft of my short introducton.
After that I moved on to write my "contact" page.
I though that for the consistenty I will use the very same image, font and colours like I did on previous photos. I have played around with the size of the text and its placement. In the end I decided to also add thes small illustration, that I used in my "About" page to create stronger link betwee the pages.
I could finally move on to "my work" page that I created myself. I uploaded a "list" and I added extra links that would take the viewer to examples of my work. I have changed the images from the given to me from Xix to my private ones. I have also added short decription for each. In the end each boks was representative of some of the experience with photogrpahy that I had. I decided to go for Experimentation, Backstage and Editorial. In the future I am planning to add portraits and landscape.
I described them a little and used the links to take the viewer to the gallery of particular photogrpahs. Thoe are created for the future clients so they can see examples of my work.
The galleries that I made were first saved as small squered shaped minatures of the photogrpahs.
I quite liked how it looked like until I found the circle minatures that I could go for and I fell in love with them as they reminded me of moons and I thought that it will be perfect for me.
Finally I moved on to the actuall portfolio and there I just added some photos of mine.
I am pretty happy with my website. It shows my astetic, who I am and what my work is. I feel like I was honest and professional with what I presented there.














































Comments
Post a Comment